Saturday, January 16, 2010

Happy Saturday!

We had such a wonderful day! We began our day with our young niece joining us for the day. Then we were joined by an “extra son”, Ben. Ben was one of Casey’s best friends and has recently moved into the neighborhood where we live. I prepared a big country breakfast and we all talked, ate and then the kids played Wii. It was so great to have a full house once again.

Jeremiah 32:27 “Behold, I Am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is there any thing too hard for me?”

In this passage God not only identifies Himself as Lord, but that He is the God of all flesh. I love the words used in scripture like all. This passage tells me that God is the God of all things that concern us. We are the flesh on which He places His love and therefore all that we do, say, feel and believe are of concern to Him. There is nothing too big or too small that is not of interest to Him.

Sometimes when I pray I say, “God, I realize in the grand scheme of things what I am going through is not near as important as those who are really hurting and in need of your love, grace and healing, but this is important to me…” This passage of scripture verse tell me that my prayers for my own needs and those I pray for are of interest to God and He cares about my needs, desires, cares and joys no matter how large or how small. The most important thing that we need to do is to bring those needs, cares, desires and joys to Him. God is a big God and nothing is too hard, too small, too trivial or even silly for Him to be unable to handle whatever we surrender over too Him. But we have to hang in there day after day, moment after moment and trust God to take care in His time. Most of us spend a lot of time in the plains and every once in a while we get to the Mount of Transfiguration. The best part of the plains walk is that we grow as friends with God through Jesus and just when we need it we get the glimpse of God in His glory on a mountain top experience. The daily walk, the journey may be a bit of drudgery or monotonous at times so find joy in each step taken with the Master.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all and see you in worship, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer Alert: We ask you to join the prayers for Tamra Peterson. Her husband, Pastor Dale Peterson, was the interim pastor at Advent for a while. She is battling breast cancer. The treatment plan is still undetermined as is the stage of cancer. We are keeping up with her story through the Caring Bridge website. This was the website that became invaluable to us as we walked this road with Casey. Please place her on your prayer lists. Thank you. gc

No comments: