Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy Tuesday! And happy inauguration day! Whether you voted for President Obama or not, there was excitement in the air today. And whether you voted for President Obama or not, it was a historic day in the life of our country. As I was having my prayer time on the way to school today I found myself praying for President Obama, his wife and his two little girls. I prayed for their safety and that their family would be able to weather the storms and difficulties of the most public life on the planet. I also prayed that Obama would seek guidance and wisdom from God in his decision making as he becomes the leader of the free world. I was very impressed with Rick Warren who led the invocation. He called on “the One who changed his life” and then led the nation in The Lord’s Prayer. It sounded like a great start to me.

James 1:6 says, “Let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.” If you went to the White House to visit the president, you would be met by a protocol officer who would go over the guidelines for a visit with the president. Jesus became the most public figure on the planet during His three year ministry on the earth. Jesus told His disciples that the way to come into the presence of God was to go through Him. Scripture gives us a protocol for coming into His presence. First we must come to God believing that God is who He says He is. Remember the 23rd Psalm, “the Lord is…” We must come with a broken and contrite heart seeking forgiveness and healing of our brokenness. I think we can come to God with questions, but we must not come with doubt. We must believe that God is and always will be God. When we come before God and enter His presence we must come in faith and believe.

So friends, choose God every day. Choose the One who will leave no doubt. Choose the One who will change your life. Our new president says, “…change has come to America.” Has change come into your life? Kneel in the presence of the One who can and will change you by faith.

Take joy in the journey friends. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: