Saturday, January 17, 2009

Happy Friday!! It was Teacher Work Day in Ft. Worth today. It was nice to get a bit of time to work in our rooms. Grades are due on Tuesday so it was nice to work on them at school.

I also met with the Social Worker for Deb Koplen. Doc Adams is dismissing Deb on Monday to the Odyssey House Hospice Center in Fort Worth. It is close to where I work. It is a short-term in-patient facility where people can stay anywhere from 2 day to 2 weeks. The doctor will assess her daily and get her stabilized on her medications and then dismiss her. The plan is for Deb to go home for a short time and get her affairs in order and then move to a nursing care facility in the Grand Prairie area where we can all go and visit her easier than driving all the way to Fort Worth. This is not what Deb would have preferred, but it is what must be done. Please pray for her as she transitions from her home of so many years to a care facility. Her attitude is pretty good right now, but I am sure this will be very hard for her.

Malachi 4:2 says, “But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness shall rise, with healing in its wings.” This was the passage lifted up in my drive-time devotion this morning. Remember last night when I wrote about finding so many answers in scripture? This verse totally hit home with me. I immediately began to pray for my best friend Carme and our friend Deb. I prayed for their healing. Carme is most likely going to be healed on this side of heaven. Our friend Deb will probably be healed in heaven with Jesus. I prayed and claimed this scripture for them. Both of these women are women of faith. So I have prayed this scripture over Carme and Deb. I have prayed for the Holy Spirit to rise with healing in his wings within Carme and Deb.

Carme and Deb are both facing harsh battles with a vicious disease. They are in need of healing physically. I am in need of healing emotionally. I miss my son. I miss Casey. I am not angry. I am not in denial. I just miss Casey and the thought of missing him for the next 30 or more years is overwhelming. So I have prayed for the Holy Spirit to rise with healing in its wings to heal my broken heart. This scripture was meant for anyone who is experiencing any kind of brokenness; a broken heart from loss, a broken heart from hurt or separation, a broken body from disease or injury. Whatever kind of brokenness you are experiencing, the Holy Spirit will rise with healing in its wings because God’s Word has spoken it.

Lift your brokenness to the Master Healer and claim this verse as you pray. Claim God’s Holy Word in your life and allow Christ to grow Himself in you.

Take joy in the journey. Love you, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

PS Tomorrow is the big birthday party.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

1 comment:

Al Rearick said...

Well, here I am again to clog yer blog...

The fact that you're not angry at all is comforting, inspirational, and if I'm totally honest.... well, jealous I guess would be the right word for it. One day I hope to not be so angry all the time at the things that happen to others that I have no control over.

Like cancer. Like death. Like kids in abusive situations. Like unfair terminations (not my own, a friend of mine).

I know that old saying that starts with "God grant me the strength, etc etc." But just how much I actually want that can be determined in my own thoughts, words, and actions.

Thank you for the daily updates on Deb. I hope to get over to see her, and pray that a miracle will happen on this side of heaven. But if that doesn't happen, if the only memory I have of her is receiving communion from her at Casey's celebration (which was memorable, both the service and her ornery style of giving communion :) ), it will be enough.

Love,
Al

P.S. The "word verification" for posting this comment is "upflu." Hope that's not a harbinger of things to come! ;-)