Saturday, November 15, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Saturday! All is well here at 811. Today I spent time with my beautiful daughter running some errands and having lunch and tonight Geni, Travis and Sarah and Bruce took me to dinner at Lupe’s Mexican Restaurant to continue my weekend birthday celebration.  I am at an age where the best gifts do not always come wrapped in paper with pretty bows. My gifts today were spending time with my daughter, waking up next to Bruce and then having all of them around a table tonight together. The best memories of growing up with the kids were time around the table.  It was never quiet. It was fun, silly, welcoming, filled with love and good food.  For me the table whether in my dining room or at a restaurant  when surrounded by family is a holy place.  So my dear family, thank you for a wonderful evening.  I will not soon forget the joy and laughter, the sangria and the cherries!

The candle is lit…

Dear God, thank you for your blessings of friends and family. Thank you for being in our lives and building our family. You have been the foundation of our family since we became a two person family and then caused it to increase. Lord, you have promised that all things grounded in You will receive joy because they have been established by your wisdom and your gracious love. So tonight Lord, I thank you for my family. They bring me great joy and I am ever grateful to your for them and Your life being lived out in them. I love you Lord so much. In Jesus’ name, amen.

We have talked about waiting before. Waiting for us is just not that easy or any fun at all. We are so used to instant responses that waiting on answers to prayers can sometimes get really tough.  Well, here is a news flash…God does not work on a chronological time table or respond like speed dial. God works on eternal time.   And even when we pray for things for a very long time and we are not seeing a response to our prayer just remember that the power is not in the one who prays. The power is in the One who hears the prayer. Our time does not always coincide with God’s time, but God’s timing is always perfect.  During this time of waiting we are growing in our faith and building an even deeper relationship with God than we had before. No matter what the circumstances are God reminds us to trust Him and to not be discouraged.  We have not been forgotten and answers to our questions and our cries for help are being heard.  Count on God’s unfailing love and unmerited grace to cover us while we wait helping us to trust God even more deeply than we ever have before.  God is good and love wins!

“I have thrown myself headlong into your arms__I’m celebrating your rescue. I’sm singing at the top of my voice. I am so full of answered prayers.

Take joy in the journey praying, praising, laughing, and encouraging others as you go.  Wear comfortable shoes, stay warm and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: