Tuesday, November 11, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Tuesday!  All is well here at 811.

The candle is lit…

DearGod, I never want to be without you. I know you will always love and help me. God, your flawless character and wonderful name always perfectly provide for all my needs. You name is above every other, and I praise you forever!  You are the God who defends us. You are the God who heals all of our wounds and provides for all of our needs. You forgive us completely and perfectly and provide tender mercies. God you are peace. You are grace and have named each of us highly favored and filled us with your grace in Jesus’ name. You are love. Thank you Lord Jesus for being our all in all. I love you so much, in Jesus’ name, amen

When I was living at MD Anderson with Casey while he was receiving treatment it occurred to me that I could not imagine trying to fight cancer without God in our lives. To my way of thinking when it comes to that disease if you do not have faith in God who heals and sustains then you have no tools with which to fight.

After reading my meditation tonight I came to the realization that I never want to be without God. In times of plenty or want, sickness or health or  good times and adversity God will always be there to take care, to heal, to provide and sustain. While other people even those we love will fail us God will never fail us. It takes a lot of life events to experience God’s faithfulness and understand how God is unlike anyone else we know and will never let us down. 

Trust is not easy for most of when we start out in a relationship with God. I give thanks that God is a “patient and wise teacher.”  But as we continue to set our hearts on learning more about God each day through the life and character of Jesus, we begin to learn and understand the truth.  We begin to understand that God loves us and wants to help us in all the ways we ask no matter what we need. 

“O LORD, in Your favor toward Your people; visit me with Your salvation, that I may see the prosperity of Your chosen ones, that I may rejoice in the gladness of Your nation.”
Psalm 106: 4-5
Then they believed his words were true and broke out in songs of praise.”
Psalm 106: 12

Take joy in the journey praying, praising, thanking God and encouraging others as you go. Throw an extra blanket on the bed because baby it’s cold outside!  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: