Friday, November 14, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
TGIF  Today God is First!  All is well here at 811. Bruce and I spent the evening with a PPV movie; The Jersey Boys , pizza from New Yorker and shared a cannoli.  The children at school and many teachers wished me a Happy Birthday. I received more FB good wishes that I may be possibly able to respond, but I will try! And came home to several card in the mailbox. This birthday was really wonderful! Thank you all so very much.

The candle is lit…

Dear God, thank you for seeing me though another birthday here on earth. Through your precious people I have felt love from all sides today. I give you thanks that you are turning what could have been tragic  illness  in the last year into great healing victories. Thank you for your gracious comfort and help me to bring comfort to others. Lord, help me to continue to trust in you so that I remain in the center of your perfect care.  Thank you for seeing the path ahead for me and leading me through by your guiding light and trusted hand. I love you Lord. In Jesus’ name, amen.

It is sometimes hard to understand how we can use the difficult times in our lives for something good. Scripture tells us that God catches every tear not letting any of them fall to the ground and making them into something beautiful.  When tough times happen in my life and the situation makes no sense and is very hurtful I often ask God “What am I supposed to learn from this?”  The truth is that if we stay in tune with God in times of hurt we are being trained to help others through similar situations. I have found over the years that one of the best ways to heal is to help someone else. Walking through adversity with a friend is most often healing for both parties. You know how it feels to hurt and for me these difficult life events give a new direction of ministry  and opportunities to minister to those who have had similar tough times in their own lives.  While I find it impossible to give thanks to God for hard times, I find it joyous to give thanks when the trial is over.

 So my friends, if you have gone through a difficult time you have wisdom that someone else might need to get through what they are going through. Let us pray and ask God to place us in contact with those who need a listening ear, some direction and more than anything else…hope for a brighter day. 

“They who sow in tears shall reap in joy and singing.”
Psalm 126: 5
“He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy.”
Psalm 126: 6

Take joy in the journey praying, praising, singing, laughing and encouraging others as you go. Stay warm, wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: