Sunday, November 16, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Blessed Sunday to you all!  All is not well here at 811. Bruce seems to have a pretty nasty sinus infection.  It has been a few years since he has had one and it has hit him pretty hard. He will not be going to rehab tomorrow and hopefully another day at home will help. Say an extra prayer for him. Thank you so very much.

The candle is lit…

Lord, thank you for your gracious presence in our lives. Thank you for helping when we ask and making the provision we need. Thank you for days of dedicated worship when we can praise you in song, Word, preaching, prayer and offering.  Lord, I am not worthy on my own of your love and eternal life so I have trusted you for my salvation. Thank you for covering me with your goodness, your grace, your mercy and forgiveness. But most of all Lord, thank you for loving me through the life of Jesus your Son.  I love you Lord so much, amen.

I have a confession to make. I have spent most of my life thinking I would never measure up to those around me. I felt others were smarter, faster, prettier, better liked etc…in my meditation tonight I read Psalm 15 and it  discusses this very issue.  I love the Psalms as they are the prayers of God’s people to God written for all kinds of reasons.  It examines “the heart of humanity’s deepest problem—is anyone worthy of living in heaven with God?”  If you read the psalms they tell that we must be honest, kind, keep all of the commandments and never do wrong to others. “  I don’t know if I can meet all of these requirements.  But of these two things I am sure…first, because I do not have the ability to be “good enough” shows my great need for God’s help and presence in my life. Second, my help comes from the Lord through the death and resurrection of Jesus as I trust Jesus for my personal salvation. When Jesus goes before God to plead for us we are covered in righteousness and we are worthy of dwelling in heaven and to be a part of the kingdom on earth. 

“Lord, who can dwell in Your tent? Who can live on Your holy mountain?”
Psalm 15: 1
“Such people will stand firm forever.”
Psalm 15: 5
Take joy in the journey praying, praising, giving thanks, laughing and encouraging as you go. Wear comfortable shoes, stay warm and get some sleep.  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: