Monday, November 17, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Monday!  All is well here at 811. Bruce is improving.   Thank you for your continued prayers. 

The candle is lit…

Dear God, I praise you for working out all things for the good of those who love you and are called according to your purpose. Thank you for using my life’s boundaries for your glory, the benefit of others and to show us your purpose for our lives. Thank you for the rewarding work I am blessed to do each day. I am led by you to help children learn to read and spend time each day with friends and loved ones.  And as I pray each day to place before me someone I can help, I surrender my time each day to you.  Help me to stay in tune with you throughout each day so that I do not miss an opportunity to share your love and grace with others.  I love you Lord. In Jesus’ name, amen.

Tonight my meditation really hits home with me and has given me some thoughts about how God uses our life situations to shape our personalities and how we will choose to serve God.  We may go through really tough times and even if those difficult times are happening now they are not a mistake, but a way to trust God to help when we are in need. Do not misunderstand I do not think God thrusts difficulties upon us. I happen to believe that life happens and life is not always strawberries and cream and lovin’ all the time.  But I do believe that trusting our brokenness to God for healing allows God to shape us and use the difficulties we have faced to help others.

When life presents us with adversity and brokenness we can ask God to heal our brokenness and use this situation for good.  We can ask for the pain we are experiencing to be changed into a purpose.  We may not always understand how God could use our situations for good and healing, but God will bless abundantly (I love that word) if we will ask for help and then allow our loving God of grace and mercy to lead us through. And if we are so courageous and trusting to find a hint of praise in the brokenness no matter how small God rejoices in our mustard seed of faith; for that is all God asks. Listening to God and seeking God’s wisdom deepens our relationship with God and reminds us of God’s faithfulness to us.  God is good and love wins!

“I will praise the LORD who counsels me—even at night my conscience instructs me. I keep the LORD in mind always, because the LORD us at my right hand, and I will not be shaken.”
Psalm 16: 7-8


Take joy in the journey praying, praising, laughing, and encouraging others as you go. Wear comfortable shoes, extra socks and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: