Wednesday, October 22, 2014


Greetings from Austin Streets
Happy Wednesday! All is well here at 811. 

The candle is lit…

Dear God, when I consider my blessings one by one I give thanks to you with exceedingly great joy. Lord, if I began to write down my blessings I would wear down pencils and run out of paper on short order. You are God and I am your child. You are Father to Jesus making me sister to Christ and you are so completely grace filled that you sent your Holy Spirit back to live in my heart so that you are as close as each breath I take. I do not deserve your grace and forgiveness but at the top of my list of blessings are the gifts of your love, grace and forgiveness. Please Lord continue to keep my spirit open to your teachings so that I will come to understand you more and more. Thank you and I love you Lord. In Jesus’ name, amen.

Life does not come with too many absolutes, but that come close is:  lies are not free; they come with a price.  Lies are prisons in which we place ourselves and the only way to escape that prison is to learn and accept the truth.  When we learn to tell the truth and hear the truth we live in freedom.  Our life with Christ begins when we accept the truth of His love for us and begin to believe in the saving grace that Jesus offers.  When we admit the lie of believing that we can live a liberated life without Christ then we truly walk a journey of an imprisoned life. 

When we learn one absolute reality of the truth of God through faith in Jesus and how it is based solely in the love God has for us then we can live a life in truth, peace and strength given by our loving Savior. As we come to know more about God through the life of Jesus we find it easier to be dedicated to a life with Christ at the center. God works relentlessly and collaboratively with us to set us free by the teaching truth he reveals to us and rejoices in our progress.  Lies bring with them fear, doubt and destruction. Freedom brings life, love, happiness and a desire to walk in the way of Christ.  God is good and love wins!

“Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, O righteous and shout for joy, all you upright in heart.”
Psalm 32: 11
“I am eager to learn all that you want me to do; help me to understand more and more.”
Psalm 119: 32
Take joy in the journey praying and praising as you go. Stay on the path and listen to God for truth.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: