Sunday, October 19, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Blessed Sunday to you all. All is well here at 811. On Friday, Bruce and I attended the monthly family conference at the center. They are beginning discharge planning for Bruce.  I can’t believe it has been a year and a half and the miracles that have happened in that time. God is so good and I could never say enough thanks. Conversations are beginning and a slow discharge process is being discussed. He has progressed so well that the thoughts are that it may be time for a “break” to see how he adjusts. In the beginning of this “step down” process he may go to the center 2-3 days per week and then eventually taper down to a discharge break. Bruce is a bit nervous about this as he has really grown to love the people at CNS and they have grown to love him too. He loves the speech work and the education and is anxious about the changes to come.  Please be in prayer for Bruce and the therapists as they begin this process. 

The candle is lit…

Dear God, thank you for being with me when I need you the most. Thank you for the direction you give and the way you fill my heart with quiet assurance. Thank you that I can always remain in your presence and when I seem to step away and have thoughts that are not of you that I can step back into your presence and be warmed by the light of your loving forgiveness.  I love you Lord, in Jesus’ name, amen.

Each day of our lives we are asked to make decisions. Some decisions are as easy what to have for breakfast while more difficult moral decisions are presented each day.  Sometimes it is not just a matter of right a wrong but of choosing a solution that has a variety of possibilities and choices. Sometimes those decisions have shades of gray in their color scheme.  Those kinds of decisions are not made easily or quickly. When those kinds of decisions need to be made it is our good grace to never have to make these decisions alone.  If we ask God for help we will be given a pathway to the answers we need. We will be given light through the gray area to make our way through the decision making process. Much of the time the decisions that are so difficult to make have an emotional attachment which does not make them cut and dried.  God wants us to bring these possibilities before Him and will help us to do what is right for ourselves and the ones we love. God does not come riding up on a white charger and take the problem away from us even though we often ask!  I have learned that God wants us to bring problems before Him and then greatly desires to increase our relationship and work collaboratively. Solving the problem is important, but not near as important as trusting God in the midst of the process.  I love God.

“With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments?”
Psalm 119: 10
“Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.”
Psalm 119: 11

Take joy in the journey praying as you go. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all and thank you for all of your prayers for such a long time, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: