Friday, October 24, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
TGIF Today God is first!  All is well here at 811. The news from the doc(s) is that all is well! Blood work was clean and other than some edema because the lymphatic system is compromised (a normal reaction to surgery and radiation) everything is just fine. The short version is that I AM CANCER FREE!  Thank you for all of your prayers. 

The candle is lit…

Dear God, thank you for all the times you came to me in your presence and power. I remember the comfort and peace I found just knowing You were present with me.  I think the older I get the less I truly need and the more I just enjoy spending time in the quietness of being with you. And yet Lord, when the pressures build and the storms of life are all around me I am glad to remain with you and recall your wonderful promises so that whatever is going on in my life I am not tempted to give up. I love you so much Lord. I offer my thanks and praise. In Jesus’ name, amen.

Six months ago the sun was shining, the day was going well. I never feared going to my yearly mammogram and then everything changed. By dinner time cancer had once again become a part of our lives and it was inside of me. What began as a beautiful day became a dark and threatening evening.   I sat down at the dinner table after arriving at home by myself finding myself staring at the ceiling and in anger spoke out loud, “Really God, hasn’t this disease taken enough from us? Haven’t we been through enough already this year?”  Yes, for just a little while the climate in our home had changed. It was not a lovely spring day anymore.”

And then God showed up in my anger reminding me that God in His Word vowed to never leave me or forsake me. God would never leave my side and would be constantly at work on my behalf. God knew my shock, struggle, tragic memories and came to me once again as my loving Savior allowing me to yell, be angry, cry and demand an answer without judgment, only the promise of His loving Presence

God knows all of our struggles. It is when we take our struggles to God in prayer and listen in faith we are given wisdom, strength and the courage needed to fight the battles of life firmly grounded in our faith. We are never promised restored wellness, but healing is a promise we can always claim. So my friends when the climate changes without warming, sort of like Texas weather, and sunshine and storm happen in the same day let us keep the promises of God within our hearts giving each of us hope that is needed to weather any storm in which we find ourselves.  God bless you all.

“Even in my suffering I was comforted because your promise gave me life.”
Psalm 119: 50
Remember your promise to me, your servant; it has given me hope.”
Psalm 119: 49
Take joy in the journey praying, praising, laughing and giving thanks as you go. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene



No comments: