Friday, September 5, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
TGIF Today God is first!  All is well here at 811.

The candle is lit…

Dear God, the best position I can be in to see your face is on my knees. It is pretty hard to fall when I am on my knees.  From my knees I can look up into your face and see your greatness and your compassion. Thank you that while on my knees I receive the fullness of your Word and hear your voice of love speaking to me. Thank you that you help me to trust and persevere when I am struggling. I know the blessings I have received and the blessings to come are worth the wait. Lord I ask you to kindly attend  Sarah and her family at this time.  I love you Lord in Jesus’ name, amen.

My friends once again I am coming up on an ordination interview. It is on September15.  Tonight my meditation speaks of lengthy delay in seeing God’s promises fulfilled in my life.  As upset as I was after the last interview I have come to understand that God knew far better than I that I was not ready to proceed onto a final interview and I still had lessons to learn. God in His gracious wisdom gave me the gift of time as I needed more preparation. It has been a time of training and favor. It has been a time of trusting God for the wonderful things that God is doing in my life. My prayer is to answer faithfully and authentically in the presence of the love of God and the members of the committee praying for reaching the next step in the process. (I don’t want to hang up my spurs and walk away.)  I am living in the hope of the words of the psalm “You will arise and have compassion on Zion, for it is time to show favor to her; the appointed time has come.” 

“I pray to you, Lord! Please listen. Don’t hide from me in my time of trouble. Pay attention to my prayer and quickly give an answer.”
Psalm 102: 1-2

Take joy in the journey praying as you go. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: