Wednesday, September 3, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Wednesday!  All is well here at 811.

Dear God, I love you and trust you. You make my life so much better. Please continue to lead me to the life you have planned for me. I know it is more wonderful than I can possibly imagine. You have given me joy and purpose, family, friends and the greatest gift of all; Jesus. Tonight I lift up the faculty and staff of South Davis Elementary School as they have lost one of their teachers to cancer today. Cover them and the family of this fine teacher with you healing love and divine comfort. May they find comfort in you as they comfort each other. I love you Lord, in Jesus name, amen.

How many times have we said, “This is not what I expected!”  We plan and plan and sometimes what we plan ends up just like we “planned” for it.  And then then there are the times that we plan and the road is not so straight or smooth and contains twists and turns and occasional pot hole or we just get lost. (That is my specialty.)!  But somehow or other sometimes these unexpected changes in direction end up taking us not where we planned to go, but to where we needed to be. And maybe if we had it to plan all over again we might go to the places we didn’t plan or maybe not. I guess what I am trying to say is that life is not a straight path.

While our plans are important, the plans God has for us are more important. Trusting in our faithful God will lead us maybe where we had not planned to go, but will most assuredly lead us to where we are supposed to be.  So let us all take joy in the journey believing that God sees each one of us and knows the desires of our hearts.  The good news for each of us is that when we get to where God leads us, our souls will be satisfied, we will have learned many lessons along the way and we will be filled with joy.

“I have learned how to be content (satisfied to the point where I am not disturbed or disquieted) in whatever state I am.”
Philippians 4: 11
“Give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
Ephesians 5: 20

Take joy in the journey praying as you go in faith as our GPS. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: