Tuesday, September 2, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Tuesday! All is well here at 811.

Dear God, I praise you that I can sing your praise each day. You are truly worthy, my Savior.  I remember how you have come time and again to hold and lift me up. Thank you. I am asking a special  blessing on my beloved husband  for all he does for me and for others. Strengthen him with every good and perfect gift in your storehouse. Thank you Lord and forgive me when I forget to remember all you have done and express my thanks.  I love you Lord, in Jesus name, amen.

I love the stories of the Exodus and the Hebrew people. The oral tradition of storytelling is central to their theology and tradition. When the nation of Israel would arrive at a new destination the leadership; Moses, Joshua and others sat the people down and retold them of the story of their captivity in Egypt and their escape from the Egyptians.  The Hebrew folks were recorded to do their share of complaining on their journey. They had to be reminded of the great and powerful things God had done for them.  When these stories were retold the people were encouraged and gave them assurance that God would remain with them “in the present and into the future.”  They believed that God would continue to act on their behalf. 

God has not changed his ways since the time those ancient ones traveled through the desert.  God continues to work on our behalf only this time, God works through our faith in Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit. So my friends let us remember the great and wonderful things God has done for us even in the times when things are not going well; even when we complain. God is greater than our complaints and continues to walk with us today and into the future.  Our assurance will increase greatly when thank God for what He has done for us especially when we first thank God for Jesus.  Let us thank God for what he has done and look with anticipation to what he will do.

“Moses said to the people, “Remember this day in which you came out from Egypt, out of the house of slavery, for by a strong hand the Lord brought you out of this place.”
Exodus 13: 3
“Shout triumphantly to the Lord, all the earth. Serve the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs.”
Psalm 100: 1-2

Take joy in the journey praying and remembering as you go and excited about where you are going. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene


No comments: