Saturday, September 6, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Saturday! All is well here at 811.

The candle is lit…

Dear God, you are the origin of every blessing and the cause of all of the good things in my life.  Lord, for a long time now I have given myself deadlines for accomplishing things in my life.  But I have learned that my timeline is not always you timeline for me. I know that your timing is always perfect and that I am to live into Your time. Thank you Lord for teaching me this lesson and that I need not fear time. I praise you for your loving kindness every moment of every day. And Lord, thank you that so many people are finding ways to be thankful and are willing to share their gratitude with others. I thank you for loving me, my family and friends. I thank you for calling us your children and finding us worthy of the life of your Son. I love you Lord, in Jesus’ name, amen.

Gifts from God are the blessings we receive. They do not come wrapped in pretty paper with bows, but they are gifts of great extravagance.  The blessings we receive from our loving God are the things for which we give thanks. When we acknowledge how good God is in our lives we are letting God know how much we appreciate what he has done for us. We come before our God with great and humble thanksgiving.

“Thanksgiving is the constant and characteristic note of the Christian life.”  In times and moments of great joy we praise God and in moments of deepest sorrow we seek God.  In moments when we are feeling pain that almost takes our skin off we trust God and in each moment we thank God. Each of us has probably experienced these times in our lives. When I was diagnosed with cancer I was not thankful for cancer (I do not think I am supposed to be thankful for cancer.)  However I sought God in my shock and disbelief especially in those early moments when I sat at my dinner table and said, “Lord, Really, You have to be kidding me!  Haven’t we been through enough?” I trusted God through the near immediate care I received through Doc Adams and Dr. Kory Jones. I gave thanks and was joyful when all of the cancer was removed and the lymph nodes were cancer free. 

Giving thanks is at the heart of our prayer life.  At the end of the day giving thanks is the proper conduct for every believer.  So my dear friends as the song says “Give thanks with a grateful heart.” And remember that no matter what we are a part of a kingdom that cannot be shaken no matter what by offering the sacrifice of thanksgiving and praise. 

“Through him, then let us continually offer a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that confess his name.”
Hebrews 13: 15
“Since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship god acceptably with reverence and awe.”
Hebrews 12: 28
Take joy in the journey praying with thanksgiving as you go. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene


No comments: