Thursday, September 4, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Thursday!  All is well here at 811. 

The candle is lit...

Dear God, I come boldly into your presence and stand confidently before your love. Thank you for tender memories of lives past and joys experienced in those lives. Thank you for filling me with good things that bring joy to my soul and strength to my heart. Thank you for ALWAYS being available and listening to each word I pray and letting me know how much you care. I give a most special thanks for our young cousin Tatum who went to school for the very first time today. You have brought her from horrible illness to healing and wholeness and so present in her life and the life of her family with faith that was never shaken. I love you Lord, in Jesus name, amen.

My beloved husband is a pack rat. He is known to almost never throw anything away. Sometimes this bothers me a little and then he locates treasure.  Unknown to me he found about 15 rolls of film with some dating back 15 years.  He handed me the first package and the first pictures were of Casey and my Mom and Dad’s 50th wedding anniversary and the memories, smiles and tears began.

Today a dear friend posted a statement of faith on FB. So tonight the words I share are not my words, but the words of someone else.  There was no author listed just simply ended with Spiritual Inspiration. With the roller coaster of emotions that flowed out this evening these words seemed appropriate.  Experience has taught me these words are true thorough faith in Jesus Christ.

“The deepest level of worship is praising God inspite of the pain, thanking God during the trials, trusting Him when we’re tempted to lose Hope and LOVING HIM  WHEN He seems so distant and far away. At my lowest, God is my hope. At my darkest, God is my light. At my weakest, God is my strength. At my saddest, God is my comforter.”  Spiritual inspiration.

Take joy in the journey praying as you go and relying on God for each and every step. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: