Friday, August 22, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
TGIF Today God is First. And today is Bruce’s birthday.  We had an easy soup dinner tonight and his birthday cake for tonight was a piece of fudge from Gene Allen’s Hallmark Store.  Bruce was gracious and shared his fudge with Geni and I for dessert.  Taco Soup and fudge; not a bad dinner combination. Happy Birthday darlin’.

The candle is lit…

Dear God, You are truly faithful—as you were yesterday, you will be today and forevermore. Thank you that I can always trust your mighty, loving hand. I am never alone. Thank you Lord, for allowing Bruce one more birthday. Tonight’s celebration while simple was filled with joy. It was filled with the joy of Your Presence and your healing grace. Thank you loving Lord, in Jesus’ name, amen.

Cynthia Clawson sings a beautiful song titled, “It Won’t Rain Always.” It is one of my favorite of her pieces of music. Did you ever feel like (even in Texas) that the rain has not let up? About the time you get a handle on a situation another one crops up that is just as difficult or more difficult and you just want to say, “Come on Lord,  I need a break.” 

When we trustingly acknowledge God’s power and love for us, He pours His encouragement into our hearts.  Praying the prayer, “Lord, I need your help.”  I think of all of the prayers God must hear, this is the one He hears the loudest. This is the prayer that says, “I can no longer make the wrongs in my life right.  This situation is so hurtful I can no longer think clearly and I need some help. And my heart is so broken that the only love that can mend it is yours. I need your help.”  I think when we sincerely ask for help from God that God begins to work and move to bring us the help we need. Our cries for help usually come in a couple of ways. We need a change to be made or we are seeing peace in our souls.  But sometimes we just need to be reminded that we are loved with an everlasting love and that somehow all that is wrong will be made right.

So my friends, we must take heart and believe in a truly faithful God. The most difficult thing for us to do is to pray and stay out of the way so that God’s work may be done. So tonight let us be bold in our prayers. Let us walk into the throne room of grace and place ourselves on the mercy seat believing in this mighty, compassionate and loving God and simple in our language ask for the help God so wants to give and believe.

“Your throne , O Lord, has stood firm from time immemorial. You, yourself are from the everlasting past.
Psalm 93: 2
“Lord, your laws will stand forever. Your temple will be holy forever more.”’
                                                                                             Psalm 93: 5            

Take joy in the journey praying as you go. Kneel before God at the mercy seat and pray believing that God will answer and help. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: