Wednesday, August 20, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Wednesday! All is well here at 811. 

The candle is lit…

Wonderful, merciful Savior precious redeemer and friend, You offer hope when our hearts have hopelessly lost their way. Counselor, comforter keeper, Spirit we long to embrace. You are the one that we praise. You are the one we adore. You give the healing and grace our hearts always hunger for. Lord everything I know, O God, I know because I love. The love I know is the love that you have given me freely from your great storehouse. Thank you for loving me in Jesus Christ. I love you Lord in Jesus’ name, amen.
Bruce and I have held hands our whole married life. We hold hands at the table after dinner, on the couch and especially when we sing side my side. And the best pictures that are ever taken of us are of us looking at each other and smiling. Our precious daughter thinks we are the cutest couple ever! We love each other and even after almost 34 years are still in love with each other. We have celebrated victories, given thanks for blessings, forgiven each other many times and not looked back.   I think one of the reasons our relationship through its many changes over the years has continued to always move forward is that we have stayed grounded in love for each other and God has always been present.  Tonight my meditation claims that the “quintessential ingredient to every good relationship is a servant’s heart, each person holding out the light of Christ for the other.” 

As I pondered that statement I thought about the relationship we have with God through Jesus. Jesus came to be servant to all. He modeled servanthood with each word he spoke whether he was teaching or preaching or talking in conversation.  He taught those twelve that while they were to become leaders in the Church through preaching that they must be models of servanthood and show the light of Christ to those they encountered. In other words Jesus told them to be Jesus for others.

I think that sometimes in our closest relationships we forget to have servant hearts and show the light of Christ in our daily life.  So my friends may we be reminded to  be the light of Christ to those closest to us through celebrating victories great or small, holding each other up in sadness or defeat and forgiving each other no matter what and not looking back. Follow the model of Christ the Great Servant. Be Jesus for each other.

“He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble. I will deliver him and honor him. With a long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation.
Psalm 91: 15-16

Take joy in the journey praying as you go and loving those who walk with you with the light of Christ. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: