Thursday, August 21, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Thursday!  All is well here at 811.

The candle is lit…

Dear God, as I move through each day may it be known that I have been with you. How I need you, God! Thank you for being unchanging and wise. Thank you for always providing stability and strength to my life.  Lord, may I draw so close to you that the sweet fragrance of your love, joy and peace is found on me. Lord, may your presence in my life saturate each pore and thought so that I may be made fit for you your use in the kingdom. I love you Lord in Jesus’ name, amen.

I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond today. After making my purchases I walked to the car and two women parked near me said, “You smell wonderful.” I said, “thank you.” One of them said, “Clinique’s;  Happy?’  Yes, I was wearing Happy.  It is one of my favorite fragrances and the one I wear daily.  How interesting that a total stranger would recognize and remark with such a kind remark to another stranger.

People know when we have been with God because we made an effort to draw close to God. I believe it becomes obvious to others when we have spent time with God because we begin to take on some of the characteristics of God. The gifts of joy, love and peace give off the sweet fragrance of the love of Jesus and the kindness we have been shown. These are gifts we begin to naturally share and to pay forward. Just as my perfume announced my physical presence to those sweet ladies, the fragrance of God coming through our actions, voices and attitudes shows that not only have we spent time with God, but His sweet fragrance of beauty and holiness goes before us announcing His presence with the hope of drawing others into His presence as well.

So my friends, let us put on the love of God each day and may His sweet fragrance pervade the air with the lovely scents of peace and joy.  May others know that we have spent time with God.

“For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing.”
2 Corinthians 2: 15

Take joy in the journey praying as you go and bringing with you to sweet fragrance of time spent with God. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene




No comments: