Friday, July 4, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Fourth of July 2014 and TGIF Today God is First!  All is well here at 811.  Bruce worked all day today and I was completely surprised by an unexpected visit from Carme. She called me from her car which was out in front of our house.  What a wonderful gift I received today! God is good.

Dear God, as one chapter of my life is closed (hopefully forever!) I know that it is time to begin again. Help me to have the courage to follow as you lead and to be ever mindful of your voice.  I know there are times I want to progress faster than you are leading and I am sorry. I confess my need to ask you to step into my situation and circumstances so that I am lead and lifted in your perfect support. Lord, let me set my heart on you and respond to your wisdom.  God, when I face difficulties teach me to trust you more deeply.  I love you Lord. In Jesus’ name.

Today was truly Independence Day with a surprise gift. Independence came at 9:00 this morning as I sat on the couch with a cup of coffee and watched NCIS and did not have a radiation treatment. The gift was my best friend coming to visit unannounced.  It was a great joy to see her and drink Diet Dr. Pepper at Sonic.  We have been through so many things together that have brought us great joy, aerobic laughter and great sorrow.  But somehow or other we pick ourselves up regroup and rebuild by God’s grace and love.

When we (all of us) have disappointments, setbacks and tough times whether we brought them on ourselves or have them thrust upon us provide a foundation for God to help us to regroup and rebuild. It is new normal once again. When we look to God during these times we receive the support of God and accept God’s help. These are the times that we discover what God can do, His capacity to love and how powerful our partnership with God really is. Having the courage and faith to partner with God will lead us in new ways to love, heal, forgive and find forgiveness. Tough times, setbacks and disappointments placed in the hands of God are the first steps to a new adventure and once again a new normal. 

“I am poor and needy; make haste to me, O God! You are my help and my deliverer; O LORD, do not delay.”
Psalm 70: 5
“Let all who love your saving way say over and over, ‘God is mighty.”
                                                                                             Psalm 70: 4         
Take joy in the journey and give thanks that God is the author of our adventures.  Wear comfortable shoes, get some sleep and step out on faith.  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: