Tuesday, July 1, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Tuesday!  And Happy July!! All is well here at 811. 32 treatments down and two treatments to go.  It has been a long seven weeks.  It is hard to believe this part of the journey is almost complete.  I give praise to God for His tender mercy and watchful eye over each treatment as he has met me in the treatment room each time. 

Dear God, fade my words into silence. Give me the gift of quiet. Then I will hear you better.  As I learn to seek you in the silence keep me from straying in my love toward you.  Lord, I am seeking a depth of language as I continue in the ordination process. This seems to be the missing piece for me in this journey. As I study and listen to those who are kindly coaching me help me to comprehend and retain the wisdom I a receiving so that I may bring you glory and live into the calling you have set before me. I love you Lord. In Jesus’ name, amen.

Nothing is more important than our relationship with God. When we are silent before God we invite His presence and are asking for the intimate closeness that prayer can offer.  Putting aside the busyness and the excess noise our souls open the door to the presence of God. I often hear God’s voice in the voice of another when I am intently listening.  Or recognize God’s voice when I am reading scripture. But the God’s voice is never heard so clearly than in the silence. Elijah left a cave and went up on the mountain to hear from God. When he got to the mountain there was a wild, blustery wind, a trembling earthquake and a blistering fire. The story tells that Elijah did not hear God in any of these events. Elijah heard from God in the absolute quiet.  Jesus called the 12 Disciples to a mountain. He took them away from the busyness of the city and to the quiet of the side of the mountain calling them by name. In the quiet of their hearts Jesus instructions were clearly heard. These 12 were told to be His (Jesus’) representatives and to act as He would act.  And it is in the condition of silence in which God makes Himself known to us.  My friends find the quiet, seek the silence and with our hearts filled with devotion allow the God of glory and Lord of love speak to each of us.

“The LORD was not in the wind, and after the wind an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake; and after the earthquake the fire, but the LORD was not in the fire; and after the fire a sound of sheer silence.”
1 Kings 19: 11-12
“O God, in the greatness of Your loving kindness, answer me with Your saving truth….the humble have seen it and are glad; you who seek God, let your heart revive.”
Psalm 68: 13, 32
Take joy in the journey and find a quiet place and God will meet you there. Wear comfortable shoes, get some sleep and think pink!  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: