Sunday, June 8, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Blessed Sunday to you all!  All is well here at 811 and things are improving with my Dad in Sherman. As of right now he is expected to be discharged tomorrow. He sounds much better and his numbers are so much better. The pneumonia is getting much better.  Thank you for all of your prayers.  The baptism was so wonderful. Little Oliver was totally charming and a little gentleman during the baptism service.  It was a lovely service of Pentecost and baptism…new beginnings for all. 

Dear God, of all the wonders of this world, you are more wonderful that they all are. Thank you for your unwavering love. Bless this new little family:  Stephanie, Stephan and Oliver and they have made a public profession to follow you and live their lives under the umbrella of your grace and love.  Thank you for answering my prayers and stretching my time. Lord, help me to be a good steward of that time. Forgive me for worrying and trying to make things happen in my time and not yours.  Forgive me when I doubt and look at the roadblocks as impassable instead of looking at them as places of slowing down and carefully listening to you. I love you Lord.  Continue to bless our family and continue to heal Daddy. In Jesus’ name, amen.

Oswald Chambers in his book My Utmost for His Highest wrote, “When God brings a time of waiting, and appears to be unresponsive, don’t fill it with busyness, just wait….If you have the slightest doubt, then he is not guiding.”

Just wait…how tough is that?!  Abraham and Sarah waited for a very long time to have their own child. They were given a divine promise and were impatient and doubted that God would make good on the promise of an heir. So Sarah, tired of waiting for the promise to be fulfilled could not wait and decided to fulfill the promise her way and in her time not in God’s time.  We all know how that turned out!  And yet even though she doubted, God was still faithful and fulfilled his promise of delivering Isaac in His time.  This past year has been filled with a lot of hurry up and waits.  There seem to have been roadblocks that have stopped forward progress in some areas of my life.  But no amount of worrying can make things happen or make them happen the way I want them.  So I have talked to God and asked for forgiveness for my doubts and believe that God’s faithfulness and timetable work better in my favor than any timetable I could concoct. Psalm 40: 2…”He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out from the bog and the mire, and set my feet on a hard, firm path, and steadied me as I walked along.”  I was beginning to despair and not be able to think clearly and God rescued me and through the faithfulness of his Word restoring my faith and sustaining me with joy. God is good and love wins!

“Truly my soul silently waits for God; from Him comes my salvation.”
Psalm 62: 1
I waited patiently for God to help me; then he listened and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out from the bog and the mire, and set my feet on a hard, firm path, and steadied me as I walked along.”
Psalm 40: 1-2
Take joy in the journey and wait on the Lord.  Wear comfortable shoes, get some sleep and think pink!  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene


No comments: