Friday, June 13, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
TGIF  Today God is First!  All is well here at 811. Giving thanks for a safe trip to Howe and back. Dad is doing well. He is still weak from the pneumonia, but everything is going well. We had a great visit. I always learn a lot when I visit Dad. He is a serious history buff with a special interest in WWII.  He is definitely on the mend and I am very thankful.  I had treatment 20 today with 14 to go. At the end of the week the some testing will be done, the settings will be changed and the remaining treatments will be directed solely on the sight of the tumor.  There is a process for all of this, but it begins the ending of this journey.  Something cool..I am attending my first survivors gathering tomorrow.  And a month from today we will have set sail for Alaska.

Dear God, thank you that your Spirit speaks deeply within me. Thank you that whenever I pray you really hear me.  Thank you for the dear ones at the cancer center who so gently, caringly and kindly conduct my treatments each day. Bless them Lord. Thank you for sustaining Daddy and bringing about his healing. And thank you Lord for knowing me so well that when I am so overwhelmed you know what is in my heart and hear my prayers. Help me listen and hear you so that I may be obedient and discerning. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

Do you ever have so many things on your mind that you cannot make a complete thought much less voice a complete sentence? Sometimes words will not come or are not sufficient to express all that is going on in our lives and our need to sort everything out. And even if we began to talk we feel that we would exhaust ourselves trying.  “All of the frustrations and sorrows, of the hopes and dreams—they are so profound and full of emotion that mere words fall short of conveying them.” 

So here is the good news!  God is able to take care of the planet and beyond and at the same time know the depths of our souls. God sends His Spirit to inhabit our hearts, minds and souls and knows our innermost thoughts and feelings. God through His Spirit sends His compassionate, caring and unfailing love to each of us and hears as the beautiful gospel songs says, “hears every groan.” The Holy Spirit rejoices when we give thanks in times of joy and when it is really difficult to give thanks. And when we don’t have the words to pray the Spirit takes over and prays to God on our behalf. So my dear friends let us join together in letting God fill our beings with the Holy Spirit and maybe we will figure out that is where we should have started all along. 

“We do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.”
Romans 8: 26
The Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God’s own will.”
Romans 8: 27
Take joy in the journey and find peace in the knowledge that the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony (I love this part!!) with God’s own will.  Wear comfortable shoes, get some sleep, continue to pray for Daddy and think pink!! Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: