Monday, June 9, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Monday! All is well here at 811.  Treatment 14 down and 20 to go.

Dear God, I cannot even begin to imagine the awesome power you hold. Thank you for expending it for my good and your glory.  Thank you for inviting me to experience your wonderful love. I long to know you better and experience your encouraging and satisfying presence.  Thank you that when problems seem to come one on top of another I can find shelter in your Presence and feel your love surrounding me. Please Lord continue to heal Daddy. Thank you that he came home today. Please sustain him through the nights and days to come. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

The opening sentence of my devotional reading tonight states, “Responsibilities and struggles can drain your energy and emotions.”  I wanted to ask, “Has this writer been looking in my window?”  Stress was building and I found myself crying out for help. The good news about crying out for help is that God hears our prayers and wants nothing more than to help us when we cry out. Before we decide to ask God for help we walk in fear and after we ask for help peace enters our hearts because we no longer carry the burden or problem alone. When we ask for help we are furthering our commitment to God trusting that God will be there to help us when we cry out to Him.  When we find shelter in the presence of God we experience the fulfillment of His love. In the shelter of the love of God we praise Him for bringing peace to our weary souls and faithfully trust that God will work everything out for our good and His glory and in His time.

“O God, you are my God, and I long for you. My whole being desires you; like dry worn-out, and waterless land, my soul is thirsty for you.”
Psalm 63: 1
“You satisfy me more than the richest feast. I will praise you with songs of joy.”
Psalm 63: 5
Take joy in the journey and it is okay to cry out for help because God wants to help us. Wear comfortable shoes, say an extra prayer for Daddy and think pink. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: