Wednesday, June 11, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Wednesday!  All is well here at 811. Treatments 17 and 18 down, 16 to go.

Dear God, thank you for your goodness and your presence. Thank you for those you have gifted for healing and compassion.  Thank you for helping me to endure when the pain of vulnerability is overwhelming. Please remain with me and do not let me give up on anything even when I get discouraged.  Remind me to keep my eyes on you and remember that your love is the strongest thing I have ever found. Continue to place your healing hands on Daddy and thank you for his continued daily recovery.  I love you Lord. In Jesus’ name, amen.

Right now my life seems like an endurance contest. Today’s battle was with the radiation machine and the motor went out during my treatment. My treatment today lasted about 30 minutes. While that does not sound like a long time, remaining in one position while the machine is being repaired is very difficult and the feeling of vulnerability is overwhelming.  As I began to realize that things were not as they usually are in the treatment room and the cramping in my arms and back began I worked very hard to focus on Jesus. (My afternoon treatment went perfectly!)  My scripture passage for tonight is James 1: 12 “Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial…”  While there are several trials going on right now in my life the blessing God has for me is the Joy of His Presence that is always there.  I count among the blessings that I am over halfway through my radiation treatments.  Daddy is on the mend. I sat in on the Family conference yesterday and listened to him tell the case manager what he was doing in his work on the apartments. I remembered that a little less than a year ago we met this wonderful woman and he could not speak three words and now he is giving articulate explanations. God is so very good.  (And Bruce is amazing!)

The rest of that scripture says”…because he/she has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”  My friends when we feel battered by the trials of life remember the Presence of God is always with us and that perseverance will have its reward in heaven because of the righteousness of God expressed through Jesus.   So let’s hang in there even when it is not easy finding ways to be thankful because every time we give thanks we are saying to God that we acknowledge that God is our Lord.  God knows the depth of our hearts and when we give thanks in the midst of trial we find joy and peace in the struggle.  God is so good and love wins!

“Blessed in the man/woman who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”
James 1: 12
Take joy in the journey focus on God. Wear comfortable shoes, get some sleep and think pink!  We love you, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: