Saturday, May 3, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Saturday! All is well here at 811. Bruce and I spent the most amazing time of worship and music listening and singing along  to the Gaither Homecoming Fest at the Fort Worth Convention Center.  We were gifted to witness extraordinary talent in  concert  Christian music by talented artists who not only sing because they have the voices, but responded to a calling from God to spread the gospel through music. My kind of folks. Secretly I have always wanted to be on stage singing with all of those legends young and old. But as I listened to those women I could hold my own vocally, but I was positive I did not have enough hair! (LOL!!!) Seriously, it was a fantastic afternoon and one I will not soon forget.

Dear God, I praise you for telling the truth and being the truth. I trust you to lead me because you are absolutely faithful. Help me to base all of my confidence in your love and unshakable security. Thank you for sustaining and protecting me.  Lord, my friend Allison and her family are walking a long journey of struggle. They are faithful folks and are in need of the joy that only your strength can provide. Help this new family to stay strong and hold them close Lord. I love you Lord and so do my friends. In Jesus name, amen.

Dr. Adam’s, our favorite oncologist, who treated Casey and now has taken care of me always says, “The destination is never in question, but sometimes the journey sucks!” So tonight Allison, I write for you. I will say what you already know, but perhaps my writing tonight will bring you some peace and increase the folks who surround you in prayer.

We human folks tend to speak of our security in terms of earthly things that make us feel safe.  We have houses, cars, phones, church; many of us have money in the bank, a fridge with food, jobs, family and friends. But when our world seems as if it is falling apart and when that which we have always held on to for security begins to tremble and shake it becomes apparent that we have to look for something else in which to place our security. The answer does not come in something we can touch or see. Our answer comes in faithfully believing in God and His Word. When Casey was being treated for incurable cancer at  MD Anderson a friend came to see us and said, “Gaylene, keep yourself surrounded in the Word.”  So I took paper and wrote scripture verses in marker on paper and hung all around the room. People would come into our room and read the walls and walk away feeling better and strengthened. God’s Word is meant to be deeply ingrained in our minds and pondered on in our hearts and seen in our actions. I know it is a tall order!  This earth shakes and trembles. Just ask those folks in Arkansas whose houses were splintered. They know that all of these things are temporary even though they are upset and hurt and maybe angry.  God is the only source that remains trustworthy and steadfast forever. So my friend, if you can, throw back your head and sing, “I will praise you in this storm because You are Who You are.”  And if you can’t praise yet, just whisper the name of Jesus and Jesus will know the rest. I pray peace will flood your soul and your burdens will be lifted.. God is good and love wins!

“God is…always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea.”
Psalm 46: 1-2
Though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging…God is within her, she will not fail. God will help her at break of day.”
Psalm 46: 3, 5
Take joy in the journey and praise God in the storm and whisper His name when it is too hard to speak. Wear comfortable shoes, get some sleep and think pink! Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene


No comments: