Thursday, May 1, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Thursday!  All is well here at 811. And Happy May!

Dear God, You are my gentle Savior. Today I thank you that your goodness and mercy are with me all the days of my life. Lord, when my heart is sad and difficulties threaten my joy you offer grace. Your grace lifts me up and gives me a new song to sing. And Lord, when my heart is full of joy and the sun shines in the sky I am again reminded it is by your grace alone that these miracles happen each day. Thank you for the hope of your promises and the truth of your Word. I love you Lord. In Jesus’ name, amen.

There is a song by Phillips, Craig and Dean titled, “Your Grace Still Amazes Me.” (I hope this to be the next piece I learn.) Each time I hear this beautiful song on Pandora Radio I am comforted that God’s grace is the visible evidence of God’s everlasting love. Even when there are those things that threaten our joy God’s grace is there for us to experience the hope of God’s great promises. We need God’s grace to live in the present. We are these fiercely independent folks who have a tendency to act in great self-sufficiency and do not often notice the many moments of grace that pass before us each day. We are given grace for the day providing everything we need for the moments at hand. We face situations each day that require the presence of God and offer help only God can provide. Our difficulty is in resting in God’s sufficiency so that we can learn to depend on Him more and more. My friends our mistakes can be changed into good through the transforming grace of our loving God because no detail of our lives is hidden from our grace-filled, grace giving Lord. God looks at us through the eyes of unfailing love. So beloved, God’s love is for us, His grace surrounds us and His love will never fail.  God is good and love wins!

“How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings.”
Psalm 36: 7

Take joy in the journey and sing a new song of grace so amazing. Wear comfortable shoes, get some sleep and think pink!  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene






















No comments: