Friday, May 2, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
TGIF Today God is First!  All is well here at 811. A reason to rejoice…the radiation doctor’s office called today and reported that my radiation treatments are covered 100% by my insurance. I was beyond grateful.  God is good.

Dear God, whether it is difficult or easy—I want to do as you ask. I know that above all, your plans are best. Fill my eyes with your holy face and my heart with you unfailing love. You are my Lord, Savior and my friend. You are God who loves deeply Thank you for seeing me as one who greatly desires to follow your will and to have a soul that bears your image. I need your grace for each day and desire to be in your presence and learn of you.  I love you Lord. In Jesus’ name, amen.

I try each day to begin with a simple prayer of Hallelujah for the day and end the day with an Amen for the night. But I think I will add, “Hallelujah Lord, your will be done.”  This very difficult phrase was humbly spoken by Jesus just prior to His trial and crucifixion.  Jesus knew the horrors that were to come and yet the attitude of his humble heart compelled Him to see His mission through because of His willingness to obey. Jesus in His most human moment modeled the pathway to God for each of us. We are called to be willing to humbly trust God and speak the words “Your will be done.”  When we say these ancient words of trusting faith we are agreeing with God that in good times, dry times and tough times God will be with us. We profess in faith that God’s loving plans for us are far more wonderful and wiser than our own. So in the morning as we are waking let us sing a new song to God. Let us sing the words, “Hallelujah! Lord your will be done in me today.” And then watch and wait for the gentleness and grace of God change us for others to see.

“Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet now My will, but Yours be done.”
Luke 22: 42
Take joy in the journey and sing a new song in the morning. Wear comfortable shoes. Get some sleep and think pink! Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: