Thursday, March 20, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Thursday!  All is well here at 811. I had a biopsy today. Now we wait. I could hear results late tomorrow, but I am not really looking to hear anything until Monday. Today, Bruce and I decided to get out of the house and have breakfast out. As we were headed to breakfast the old hymn His Eye is on the Sparrow came on my Pandora radio.  So now I am singing through tears of anxiousness and joy resting in the full knowledge no matter what happens I will be alright because God cares for me.  I have been asked to sing at Advent on Sunday morning. I will be singing my God inspired hymn, His Eye is on the Sparrow.

Dear God, thank you for helping me to soar like an eagle. I will not think of the obstacles but will praise your wonderful strength. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for your promise to remain and renew my strength as I wait.  I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

Eagles soar high in the sky taking no notice or concern of the obstacles down on the ground. They seem to fly without ever getting tired. Would it not be wonderful if we could just forget our concerns and challenges and rise above them on wings like eagles? As much as we would all love to defy gravity and fly on wings like eagles we are not equipped for this task. The good news is that God never tires or wearies of renewing our strength when we wait upon him. As I am in a place of waiting, the strength of God’s promise to lift me to new heights to meet the challenges of each new day calls me to take heart.  God’s strong promises are true and I am relying on the strength of the promises and loving grace of our God who loves and cares. God is good and love wins!

“They shall lift their wings and mount up as eagles.”
Isaiah 40: 31
“The LORD…does not become tired or need to rest. No one can understand how great his wisdom is. He gives strength to those who are tired and more power to those who are weak.”
Isaiah 40: 28-29

Take joy in the journey claiming because the Lord is my shepherd I lack for nothing.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: