Wednesday, March 19, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Wednesday!  All is well her at 811.

Dear God, when my future seems to be filled with stony peaks, I will place my hope in your strength and faithfulness. God, sometimes peace is hard to achieve, but Lord I claim your sovereignty over all things in my life praying for the peace that passes all understanding for your honor and glory.  I love you Lord. In Jesus name, Amen.

Tomorrow I am having an in office medical procedure. Depending on the results of this procedure will determine another journey in my life.  The procedure itself is not that scary, but the results could be life altering. My meditation tonight talks of great stony peaks rising in the distance—“cold and formidable.”  These peaks from a distance would appear to be unforgiving and off limits to anyone to try the ascent. And then upon a closer look there is a climber. Watching the climber take one step at a time and always in an upward direction one “toehold at a time and one hand hold at a time”  is a pretty good example of a way for us to live our life of faith.

When we look and see nothing but a great mountain that has planted itself in our lives looking so imposing, frightening with unpredictable twists, turns and sheer passages with no toeholds or hand holds we must not lose heart. God has promised to remain with us through every challenge and equip us with whatever we need to continue the upward climb. God gives us hope and encouragement to continue one step at a time and to hold us steady until we have reached the summit.

“All who trust the LORD, be cheerful and strong.”
Psalm 31: 24
“Yes, he alone is my Rock, my rescuer, defense and fortress. Why then should I be tense with fear when troubles come?”
Psalm 62: 2

Take joy in the journey with a cheerful heart and a peaceful spirit.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Pray for me for the next few days. Thank you all who read these thoughts and may they be of help to you. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: