Friday, March 21, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
TGIF Today God is First! All is not so wonderful here at 811. The news came around 2: 30 this afternoon. I have Stage 2 Breast Cancer.  I have an oncology appointment this Thursday and a surgical appointment on the following Wednesday. God is with me and with our family.  Please place me and our family on your prayer lists because we learned for previous experience when one of us has cancer all of us have cancer. One of us carries the disease, but those who support help fight the battle. God is good and love wins!
Dear God, silence is a challenge. Help my spirit to be calm and quiet before you so that I may know and trust you more. You are my hiding place. You surround me with songs of deliverance.  I place my hope in You. You spoke the world into existence and I claim and proclaim your unlimited power. Right now God I am very needy and in need of your strength and power. I pray this power and strength over my family as you walk this journey with each of us. You are my song of joy. So while I wait in this time of some knowns and many unknowns help me to rest in your holy presence and tender, healing grace. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

As days go I have had better.  When the news came I asked the doc what to do next and she said get an appointment with your oncologist and we will arrange for your surgeon.  I have spent much of the remainder of the day on the phone with family and friends receiving great love and support. But now it is time for quiet. It is time to spend quiet time with God and just be quiet. God knows what is going on inside my body and spirit. God is almighty, wonderful, powerful and a loving friend. This is the God who will make me whole again and gives us the desires of our hearts. There is nothing on earth or in heaven that can keep God from working on my behalf and I praise his holy and powerful name!

"Be still in the presence of the LORD, and wait patiently for him to act."  Psalm 37: 7

Take joy in the journey and place your hope in the Lord staying steadily on the path. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: