Monday, March 17, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Monday and a tip o’ the green hat to all of you on this fine St. Patrick ’s Day! All is well here at 811. I spoke to one of Bruce’s therapists this morning. He was very excited about Bruce’s language I spoke of last night. The good news is that the right and left sides of Bruce’s brain are beginning to work together. It is a sign of good progression.  Bruce still has difficulty with nouns, but this breakthrough is pretty amazing.  Giving great thanks. God is good and love wins.

Dear God, May I listen for your guidance in the soft whispers and feel it in the gentle nudges of everyday life. Help me to follow your light when I know it comes from you. I am thankful for the people around me. Thank you for growing me through them and increasing my love for them. Thank you Lord for Bruce’s continued healing and progress. Thank you for working through him and all those who work with him. You are our rock in whom we place our trust and to whom we can tell everything about ourselves for nothing is hidden from you.  I love you Lord Jesus. In Jesus name, amen.

Last night I talked about when we are in the darkness and the lengths to which we will go to find light. Lighthouses are an image of steadfast light. They stand out in the elements taking whatever the wind, rain, storm, gales, pelting sea spray and even the baking sun might bring. Lighthouses can stand fast for centuries. Lighthouses throw light out into the night to tell ship captains to turn to shore to avoid hitting the rocks that would destroy.   Lighthouses cause us to think about the words refuge, strong fortress, strength.  Psalm 31 uses those words.  This psalm attributed to King David claims these words, “In you, LORD, I have taken refuge;….be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me…for the sake of your name lead and guide me.”  The psalms written by the hands of God’s people implored God to care for them in the strongest of storms asking for God’s light to shine in their path. The final verse brings the word of hope to be strong and take heart to all who hope in the Lord. My God send the light of Jesus into all of our lives so that we stand in the illuminating presence of his grace and most tender mercies. 

“Incline your ear to me; rescue me speedily. Be a rock of refuge for me, a strong fortress to save me.”
Psalm 31: 2

Take joy in the journey and remember because the Lord is our shepherd, we lack nothing. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: