Sunday, February 9, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Blessed Sunday to you all!  All is well here at 811. 

Dear God, I praise you that one day I will shout with joy over the victory you have produced from my tears. As I face the personal challenges of my own journey through life, I am thankful for your presence that guides and protects me.  Lord, forgive me my sins and get me out of the way so that I may hear your voice giving me hope and courage to walk with you, step by step, one day at a time. Help me to not be concerned with earthly time and self-imposed deadlines believing that You are sovereign over all parts of my life placing my trust in You to lead me to the next step in the journey. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, Amen.

Each of you are welcome to place in your name in the prayer above. We all have uniquely personal passages through our time here on earth.  Sometimes on the journey the tears are many and the burdens are really heavy. God knows each tear we cry and honors them. My meditation tonight says these tears we cry are transformed into seeds of hope. These seeds produce within us faith and perseverance. The tears we cry are transformed into blessings with the promise of unshakable joy.  Let us not give in to hopelessness. God is the author of every journey in our lives. Our journeys do not go in a straight line and sometimes we have delays in the process of moving forward.  Our loving God leads us to find the provisions to meet our needs sharing the weight of our burdens, giving  us hope and courage to keep moving forward. God is good and love wins.

“He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters.”
Psalm 18: 16
“You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever.”
Psalm 16: 11
Take joy in the journey remembering that faith, hope and prayer does not disappoint. Trust in the Lord with your heart, soul, mind and strength. Wear comfortable shoes, extra socks, pray for Carme and Dave and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: