Thursday, February 13, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Thursday!  All is well here at 811. 

God, thank you for those small daily happenings that make life so worth living. Help me to celebrate the holiness of the ordinary day.  I give thanks that You never change.  Thank You for the promises of each new day. Thank You that each new day is like a package that we can continuously take the priceless gifts you have to offer and use them to Your glory.  I love you Lord. In Jesus name, Amen.

Often when I pray I claim the part of the verse from James 1: 17 “Every good and perfect gift comes from above, coming from the Father.”  Sometimes the gifts from God are a bit difficult to see or we get so used to seeing them that we forget to give thanks. But after the long days of winter we have recently experienced, today it was easy to give thanks for the gift of sunshine and mild temperatures.  I must confess that I was not very grateful during the cold and ice and slippery roads.  But God gives his stamp of approval on each new day in which God sees his Creation. Each new day is a gift of life and the anticipation of each day . The air we breathe is a witness to God’s unfailing kindness toward each of us and the outpouring of God’s unfailing, unquenchable love. .  So my friends let us greet each new day no matter what the weather with a hallelujah and thoughts of unique opportunities to praise him. Let us praise God in sunshine and snow, rain and balmy breezes for there will never be another day like today.  God is good and love wins!
“I am God—yes, I AM. I haven’t changed.”
Malachi 3: 6

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope, faith and prayer do not disappoint. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene




No comments: