Monday, February 10, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Monday!  I am giving notice that I am tired of being cold!  Other than that all is well here at 811.  I just have to tell you that I have the sweetest husband ever. This morning when I emerged from our room dressed and ready from school my coffee was in my TCU traveling cup, my thermos of coffee was filled and my oatmeal was prepared in my thermal bowl ready for my lunch bag.  He is the miracle man of Austin Street.  He had time with his counselor today. Bruce is at a place in his rehab therapy that he needs to have more conversations to increase the breadth of his language.  So the counselor is going to set up a group or groups for the facilitation of conversations.  We have always sat down at the end of each work day and shared the events of the day with each other and for a while now those conversations have been largely one-sided and now he contributes more to our daily conversations.  It is really great.  Thank you for all of your prayers and please continue because even though he has experienced amazing progressed he still has a quite a ways to go. Thanks mighty and faithful prayer warriors.

Dear God, thank you for training me for the heights through my circumstances. I know that with you I’ll achieve all for which I have been created. But I know the only time you can work in me is when I get out of the way and create the space within me to learn what you have to teach. Thank you for the quiet time today and I was able to hear your voice and receive the answers to the questions I have asked.  Because of the clarity of your answers I am able to move forward. Thank you for your lessons about salt. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, Amen.

I have shared a number of times about the book Hind’s Feet on High Places.  It is an allegory.  One of the lessons taught is to watch the mountain goats leap from rock to ledge and ascend the mountain. These mountain animals are not able to ascend the mountain at first attempt. Their muscles and bones are not strong enough. But this is what they were created to do. They don’t gain strength by staying on the lower slopes of the mountain and walking in circles staying on level ground. They gain strength by climbing the mountain.

Our faith can only grow in the midst of our doubts and the unknowns of our circumstances.  We exercise and strengthen our faith muscles by trusting God and letting God be sovereign over all parts of our lives. Our faith muscles are strengthened when we pray and are willing to stop talking and listen for the times when God speaks to us. I think we should prepare ourselves for the climb because I’ll bet the view from the top is spectacular.  God is good and love wins!

“He makes me like a deer that does not stumble; he helps me stand on the steep mountains.”
Psalm 18: 33

Take joy in the journey remembering that faith, hope and prayer do not disappoint. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. Wear comfortable shoes and maybe double socks tonight, pray for Carme and Dave and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: