Thursday, November 14, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Thursday! It has been a wonderful day here at 811.  Birthday greetings from many friends and family on FB.  Dinner with Bruce and Geni and a song to begin my day. This morning Bruce sang Happy birthday to me and sang my name. It was a holy moment. In four months he has said my name once and today sang my name. I was witness to a miracle and the recipient of one. I managed to cry my way through today, but they were tears of joy and thanksgiving.

 Dear Lord, thank you for your loving kindness and gifts of grace so generously given. Your timing is always perfect. I praise you and thank you for your marvelous comfort and hope. Help me to encourage others and share your presence and assurance when others are hurting.   I love you Lord. In Jesus name, Amen.

 Tonight the title of my meditation is Teardrops. How appropriate for today. I was given a gift of such wonderful sweetness that the tears of joy and thanksgiving flowed throughout the day. The meditation tonight reminded me that God has not allowed one of my tears to drop to the ground. God has caught them all and made them into something beautiful. My tears of joy and thanksgiving today were born out of grief. They are a sign that God knows fully all that I have been through and is using all of this for training to comfort others who are going through similar situations. I know what it is to hurt as others have hurt and fear as they have feared. I want to help people who have been similar situations that they can live through and live on and be comforted as I have been comforted. My tears and hurts are transforming me for opportunities for ministry. So I praise God for the miracles I have witnessed and those I have received and I pray that I will be able to help others be comforted because of the wisdom and kindness given to me by our merciful and loving God.

“They who sow in tears shall reap in joy and singing.”

Psalm 126: 6

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: