Wednesday, November 13, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Wednesday!  All continues well at 811. I spoke with our family member today. Other than being very sore is doing well. Please continue to pray for healing and a peaceful spirit. Thank you. And…I think I have finished the first of the last papers. This is the paper that will replace the epic failed paper from earlier in the semester. Please pray that this one passes. I have learned a lot and I know this paper is far better than the other one. But please pray anyway.  Thank you!!

Lord, I want to know you more. Teach me your ways. Thank you that when I seek you, I find you and everything I need and all that my heart desires. You are and always will be my perfect Defender. I praise you for covering me with your wisdom, strength, and love. May you be exalted forever!  I love you Lord. In Jesus name, Amen.

 

I am on the last days of pursing the Master’s of Divinity Degree began in the fall of 2007. Yes, I have worked really hard, read many books, written many papers, assisted in worship in chapel, sat many hours in classrooms and received instruction from brilliant theologians. I have enjoyed every minute of this time and I will miss many things about my time in seminary.  For someone who will turn 58 tomorrow achieving this degree is a huge accomplishment!  What I hope I have done in all of this time and work is that I have not just pursued this degree, but that I have pursued God.  When we pursue God we receive joy and fulfillment that is far greater than the diploma given that affirms that I have filled all of the requirements necessary to hold a Master’s of Divinity. Pursuing God gives me a firm place to stand while filling my life with the presence, love and purpose of God. So my friends let us seek God with all of our hearts and I know that when we are surrounded with the love of God, wisdom and strength for each task will be available to us.  Counting it down my friends.

 

“Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.”

Psalm 9: 10

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, a put an extra blanket on the bed tonight and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: