Sunday, November 10, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Blessed Sunday to you all!  All is well at 811. Please continue to keep our family and extended family in prayer to night and into tomorrow. Thank you, mighty and faithful prayer warriors. God is good and love wins.

 

Lord, I praise you for your holy loving ways. Thank you that I can always count on you. Thank you for providing for me. Your grace is sufficient for all our needs and your healing is always complete.  I love you Lord. In Jesus name, Bruce and Gaylene

 

God challenges us to do many things in this life. Some of the tasks are wonderful and some of the tasks will be accomplished through taking steps of faith.  The way we accomplish those things asked of us is by beginning our day in quiet devotion to God. Right now my life is full to overflowing and I must admit that I do not have my daily devotion before having coffee or even getting dressed. But when I have gotten to work or to the seminary I take time before I begin to teach the children or the professor come into the classroom I stop and have a quiet scripture time, brief devotion and an unobtrusive prayer time.  It only takes a few minutes, but it helps my day begin well and the day seems to go smoother. Here is the thing…God will meet me wherever I am and whatever I am doing. The one consuming desire God has is for us to know Him better.  Spending time with God is the best use of my time I have all day and makes the remainder of my day have new meaning and a little less stressful. A

 

“You answer us in amazing ways, God our savior. People everywhere in the earth and the sea trust you.”

Psalm 65: 5-6

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

 

No comments: