Wednesday, October 2, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Wednesday!  For those of you who did not read my late night post…at 10: 36 last night I was preparing for bed and Bruce asked this question, “Did you make the coffee?”  It was a miracle. It was perfect and I rejoiced exceedingly with great joy! Tonight at dinner we were talking and I began to hear some of the bowl of alphabet soup lose some mixed up letters.  One of his issues is in saying the names of things. Tonight he could say, “Luther”, and then told me he could not say the other dog’s name. I pronounced Jackson’s name and he began to say it by slowly saying the first part of the word. It was so hard for him, but he did it. It was so cool!  I am wondering if the conversations he is having in his small group are encouraging and helping him to work through these strategies.  God is so very good and love wins!!

“I pray also that they eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints.”

Ephesians 1: 18

“YOUR PRAYERS ARE NOT CRIES IN THE DARK. On the contrary, they rise to My kingdom of eternal Light. Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things.” (Jeremiah 33: 3) This is the first line of my meditation tonight.  I pray for so many things and so many people. I usually fall asleep during my night time prayers and I have done my share of crying prayers in the dark. I am learning to give thanks for what may seem to others as very small events or victories, but around here every blessing, every step and every word is counted for joy and holds miracle status.  

I think God performs miracles before our very eyes every day, but we do not always “see” these miracles and take for granted ordinary things or things that seem very small or unimportant. A couple of months ago the question about “Did I make the coffee?” might have been given a different response. But last night it was a miracle. Worthy of thanksgiving and praise to God for His goodness and faithfulness.  When we look through the eyes of God we can see with the eyes of our hearts and through the eyes of love. God looks for the teachable heart in all of us. When we ask for a teachable heart then we will learn spiritual things we do not know. God is the Teacher of teachers. The result of our openness to the teachings of God helps us to understand the hope to which we have been called and to learn of God our hope and our redeemer.  Take joy in the journey my friends and look for the miracles around you.  Get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

PS I am in the midst of writing.  I am kind of nervous about these papers so I am asking for your prayers as I write. Please pray that I write clearly with accurate information and to be found faithful.  Grace and pieces, gc

PSS I ordered my cap and gown today. OMG!!!!!

No comments: