Tuesday, October 1, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Tuesday!  What a wonderful day!  When I walked out the door it was cool and beautiful. I wore my favorite jeans, TCU shirt tail shirt and boots. Fall is the best!  Bruce had a great day at the Center. Today was YMCA day. I think he also had some type of group session today. He said there are four others who have had strokes similar to his and they met with the counselor. He did not say much about it, but I think he must have enjoyed it. God is good and love wins!!

I also was invited to interview for the job I wrote about a few weeks ago. The interview is next Tuesday evening. Please be in prayer for this opportunity. I also have another opportunity in the works. I was hoping not to return to work until after graduation and the new year, but the income is going to be needed sooner than later. I believe that God will supply and meet all of our needs.  Please pray for peaceful spirit in my soul that I can support us until Bruce can return to work. If Bruce is awarded Social Security Benefits on the first round we will not see any funds until January. (Applying for Social Security Benefits is a full time job! I don’t know if the government shut down will affect this or not. So I am trying think ahead and give thanks for the blessings of the day. ) 

 

“I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.”

Ephesians 3: 16-17

Of all the plans in God’s command God chose to live in us. The Creator of the universe chooses to make His home in our hearts. This thought takes my breath away. With all of the majesty in Creation we are an exceedingly humble dwelling for the Most High, Lord of all. God chooses to live in us because of the deep desire for intimacy with us. God whispers to us gently through the power of the Holy Spirit. In our busy world we need to find a place of quiet where the noise of the outside world is silenced as much as possible.  When we get to this quiet place, we can focus on the loving command to “cease striving and know that I am God.”  It is in this precious place of quiet and rest that we place our thoughts in the Presence of God and commune with the beating of our hearts and the quiet breaths we take sharing in a holy communion with the One who holds the universe and dwells with us in intimately perfect love. Let us all take joy in the journey and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

 

No comments: