Monday, September 30, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Monday!  Part of Bruce’s rehab is counseling. I wrote to his counselor with my concerns and if I understand Bruce correctly he went to a music group today. His counselor answered my email and hoped that it would give Bruce some comfort and help with the issue of participation. I also asked the counselor if the stroke could have caused some hearing loss. The counselor felt that the issue was not a hearing loss problem, but an Auditory Comprehension issue. Simply stated; Bruce may not be processing aurally at a normal level for music yet. So maybe the music group will help.  I love how this group of folks is willing to deal with an issue immediately. God is good and love wins!

“Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him for the help of His presence.”

Psalm 42: 5

I really love the Psalms. The Psalms are the prayers of God’s people to God.  Sometimes the Psalms say and ask what is on my heart when I am unable to voice the words. “ THOUGH DIFFICULTIES ABOUND  IN THIS WORLD, REJOICE THAT I AM ALWAYS PRESENT WITH YOU.”  I  have claimed God’s Presence every day and the Psalms assure me of that Presence. Of all the plans at God’s command He chose to live in me. (Please insert your own name,) This One who created the universe and all therein,  chose to have a living and loving relationship with His greatest creation and place Himself in our hearts.  When difficulties come and we cannot even voice our deepest hurts we can claim as truth that God is Present within us. We may not be able to touch God’s hand, but we can touch His heart and know that new hope is growing within.  Let us take joy in the journey, rejoicing in hope and get some sleep.  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

Prayer request:  I have two papers due in the very near future. Please pray for God to stretch my time, understand and that my writing will not only be found academically acceptable but also be found faithful. Thanks. Grace and pieces, gc

No comments: