Wednesday, October 9, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Wednesday!  All is well at 811. I got back up on the horse and have already selected a new passage for my next exegesis.  But the most amazing thing was that tonight Bruce communicated to me an app he needed on his ipad mini. It is an application that speaks to him words and phrases, works on spelling and works on comprehension. Some of the words are longer such as kangaroo and earrings. While other words are like dog, leg or pink. Tonight I discovered his visual comprehension is better than his auditory comprehension. One of the programs says a word and scrambles the letters of the word. The task is to unscramble the word to match the spoken word without pictures.  His accuracy rate was great.  It was so great to watch and listen to him interact with this app. He says that this will keep him working on all of these skills when he is not at the Center. I love his motivation and the effort he puts in to his recovery and restoration. He is amazing!  God is so good and love wins.

“He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.”

Psalm 40: 3

“WHENEVER YOU ARE TEMPTED TO GRUMBLE , COME TO ME AND TALK IT OUT.”   There are several things I would like to be different in my life.  I spent some time yesterday having the “spare me’s” and became really discouraged.  And the longer I felt discouraged the lower my confidence level dropped.  But in my prayer time this morning I asked God to help me push past this and to be renewed and begin again.  So I began to search the scriptures and select another passage for which to write my next exegesis. God led me to a wonderful passage and I began the research today and will be in the library in the morning doing more research. 

God has brought me to the last six hours of this degree and a wrench was thrown into the plan. Bruce suffered a stroke and all of a sudden my focus changed from working toward graduation to the care of my husband.  My faith was not shaken, but I think my daily trust went out of focus. I was so busy feeling inadequate that I forgot to be grateful to God for being with me every step and to remember that it was God who started me on this journey  and all that came with it and all that is to come and God will remain with me until this chapter of the journey is complete.  No matter how I have felt, God is greater than my stumbles and remains with me to listen, and love and die for me.  It is in the Presence of this God of love I find joy.  Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

PS The interview went well and I have been asked to return next Wednesday night to conduct a 20 minute rehearsal. I pick up the music in the morning. Keep praying.  Grace and pieces, gc

No comments: