Thursday, October 10, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Thursday!  All is well at 811 and I have a lot to learn.  Bruce is fine, but I did not do well on a paper and it has sort of brought me down. I will and get better. I have been through far worse and survived. Just say an extra prayer.  God is good and love does win.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Matthew 6: 34

“Then I will go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight. I will praise you with the harp, O God, my God.”

Psalm 43: 4

“DO NOT WORRY ABOUT TOMORROW.”  This is such a simple straightforward command from Jesus taken straight from the text. Lately I do not make it through a day without worrying about something. I am afraid I am not being very obedient and remembering that God has given us enough grace for just one day. My thoughts lately have been going across the time line into tomorrow.  The meditation for tonight gives me this thought, “since the future has such a strong pull on your mind, it is helpful to direct your thoughts to something that appeals to you in the present.”  I think I am being told to count my blessings.  When I count my blessings I begin with giving thanks for God being present in my life, never to leave. I have blessed assurance and daily trust that God and I will get through this moment in my life. And then I begin to give thanks for Bruce and the very different journey we are both on. We are walking on parallel journeys. We are both walking a journey daily into new normal without a clue as to what is on the other side. I think I am most thankful that we are walking side by side.   I give thanks for our children and pray for their happiness. I give thanks for the phone call from Daddy this afternoon and by the time I have done this then I am feeling better. God is far greater than this academic flub and will be present when it is fixed. Hang with me friends I still have about six or seven weeks to go and a lot of work to do. Thank you mighty and faithful prayer warriors. Take joy in this step-by-step journey to the next finish line. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: