Friday, October 11, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Friday! TGIF Today God is First!  Writing late tonight as Bruce and I watched Star Trek Into the Darkness.  We had a wonderful lunch with Bruce’s sister and her husband today. They live in Corpus Christi and were making a Texas tour to visit family. On their loop back home they met us at the Center for a Chicken Express Lunch and a great visit. It was great to see them and they were so glad to see how well Bruce is doing. They had not seen Bruce since the stroke. He was so glad to see them too. 

As to my issue of the paper. Briefly:  my professor is going to meet with me for help. Two of my Brite friends are going to help me next week with some new learning and I am feeling much better. Thank you all for your words of encouragement and support as I count it down.  I read a brief devotion before going to sleep last night and the final sentence last night was “Accomplish great things in the name of Jesus and finish strong!”  I still have learning to do and I am not sure about the strong finish, but I will finish faithfully.  God is good and love wins!

“Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Matthew 19: 26

I have spent a fair amount of time in the last 48 hours feeling kind of broken. But God can create wholeness out of brokenness. For a while I began to think my dreams of ministry were not going to happen and no I do not have prospects, but God can do what man cannot. I have now released the hope of ministry into the hands of God and into God’s care and keeping.  Today I have given my sadness and feelings of brokenness over to God and God has transformed them into joy.  As difficult as it is sometimes adversity is a gift waiting to be transformed into victory by the power of God’s grace and unfailing love.  Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

Prayer request:  Geni is leaving very early in the morning for California to attend the wedding of a close friend. Please pray for her travel mercy as she travels in the air, on the ground in Los Angeles as she drives to Santa Barbara and her flight home. It is quite an adventure and she is traveling alone. Please say prayers for her throughout the weekend.  Thank you. Grace and pieces, gc

No comments: