Tuesday, October 8, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Tuesday!  All is well at 811. The interview went well this evening. I was not only their first interview of the evening, but I was the first interview. They told me there were ten applicants for the position. I reminded them that after they have interviewed number 10 to remember who they interviewed first. I am not sure when I will find out anything, but I promise to let you know. 

“To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy—to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen”

Jude 1: 24-25

I turned in my paper today and the professor opened class with the passage I chose to write the paper. (He has not yet read my paper. But I know what it says.)  His view of the story was pretty much in direct opposition to mine. I felt really discouraged after his comments. He is a foremost authority in his field. So, I am going to begin the next paper this week and perhaps I will do a better job.  It is moments like today that I just want to get through this semester. 

There were parts of today where the journey was a little tougher than usual. I got discouraged. When I get discouraged I try to  remember that the power of God works through those who need Him. I felt trapped in my own limitations of not being a good academic writer. But the knowledge that God is present with me. The presence of God gives me strength to resist being discouraged and to try again and do hopefully a better job.

I looked at the calendar today and if I have counted correctly I have only 5 class periods left and I will have attained my Master’s of Divinity degree..  God is reminding me to stay on the path and not give up. This is the path God has chosen for me. Bruce tells a story that says that Satan attacks when God’s people get really close to the target. There is still a mountain to climb and there may be some rough places I encounter, but the Presence of God will remain and I will get through these last weeks and last papers and I will graduate awith great joy. Walk this journey with me my friends with prayer, taking joy in each step. Let us wear our comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

Thanksgiving:  A special thanks to Geni for making dinner tonight, spending time with her Daddy and having dinner ready when I came home from the interview.  Love you sweet girl! Grace and pieces, gc

No comments: