Thursday, August 22, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Thursday and Happy Birthday Bruce!  I have given thanks all day that Bruce was here to celebrate his 60th birthday.  He came home from rehab today with a Happy Face Balloon given to him at the center. Another balloon greeted him when he arrived at home.  We celebrated with dinner and cake. Geni and our god-family Jeremy, Addie and Asia Brewer celebrated with us. Bruce received many cards, FB notifications, phone calls and messages from family and friends. It was a great evening. Team Chrystie for the win!!

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Philippians 4: 6-7

This double life I lead can sometimes be overwhelming.  Trying to be Bruce’s caregiver, managing medicines, a house, bills and be a graduate student is sometimes a struggle. Please do not think I am complaining, it is just that once again I have reached another new normal and tasks that used to be shared by both Bruce and I are now left to me.  I pray I have what it takes to sort out all of these pieces of my life and act appropriately in all aspects.

Tonight my meditation reads, “Trust Me in the depths of your being, where I live in union with you. My healing work in you is most effective when you actively trust Me. My unfailing Love for you will not be shaken. This is the essence of My compassion for you:  No matter how desperate your circumstances, the one thing you can always count on is My unfailing love.”  I have never considered myself as one who was broken and in need of healing. So even when I am feeling weak, God understands my needs perfectly and with great compassion continues to surround me with unfailing love. God is good and love wins!

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude, let us cast our cares upon the LORD and get some sleep. God is awake all night anyway so there is no need for all of us to be awake. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

FYI Tomorrow I will attend my first Family Conference with alAl of Bruce’s Therapists at the clinic. I am anxious to find out what all of these people think of Bruce and his progress. Peace, gc

No comments: