Wednesday, August 21, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Wednesday!  Bruce had his yearly Dr.’s apt. today with the cardiologist.  All is well.  Those are such nice words to hear. Tomorrow Bruce will turn 60. I give thanks that he is here and able to celebrate this most special birthday.  I asked Bruce today how he thought things were going. He does not think the speech therapy is doing very much and he thinks that it is because he is having trouble with his vision. So we are going to the eye doc on Saturday for a field vision test. Given his speech deficits, answering questions could be really interesting. He still gets his “yes and no” mixed up as well as “in and out.” I don’t know how I can help, but I will do what I can. Say a prayer. God is good and love wins.

“I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go.”

Genesis 28: 15

The greatest comfort I have is the knowledge that God is with Bruce and I always. The good news is that God is Present with each of us while on earth and will be with each of us throughout eternity in heaven. We may wander away, but the Holy Spirit remains and takes great delight in being our helper. I am currently experiencing some stress over being a full time student and care giver. In this life of new normal I am trying to balance time between studies and caring for Bruce and home. It is during these times that I remember the other name for the Holy Spirit is Helper. The best part is that I only need ask this powerful essence of God to help and the Holy Spirit delights in being my Helper. Sometimes I ask for God to stretch my time to accomplish what ever tasks I need to complete. Sometimes I ask for knowledge and abilities beyond what I have now. Right now I ask for the Holy Spirit to help me stay focused especially when I am reading for my classes. And then sometimes I ask the Helper to hold me together when I am falling apart.  John 14: 16 “I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper that he may be with you forever; that is the Spirit if truth…but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.” God could deny Jesus nothing of which He asked and Jesus asked for a Helper to remain with the children of God after Jesus returned to heaven. This is a promise from heaven given out of the gracious love of God.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude and get some sleep. God is up all night anyway. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

 

 

No comments: