Monday, August 19, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Monday!  Tonight the title of my devotion is TRUST. I really need that word tonight. I begin classes in the morning. I am not so concerned for the classes even though the syllabi exhibit rigorous reading and lots of writing. My concern is for Bruce.  He will have to be by himself for about an hour in the morning. I have to be in class by 8:15 am. That is about the time his transport van picks him up. In order to get to school in a reasonable time I need to leave no later than 7:15. I am asking for my communities of friends and family to pray for Bruce during this hour that he stays safe and unharmed with no falls or any other problems. The van driver says she will call me when she picks him up. Please ask God to protect Bruce and keep him safe while he is by himself. Thank you.

“And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.”

Ephesians 3: 17-18

Our family has certainly lived a life of unexpected adventures. This latest adventure has totally shaken up our routine. I don’t think I have had a routine day or even an ordinary thought in over a month. When the unexpected happens and it is not an event that should call for rejoicing that is the time that God calls us to look to Him and rejoice that His guiding hand will be with us each step of the way. Bruce and I are on this adventure together. I find that each time I touch Bruce I am praying for God to heal him and giving thanks that God is Present. Each time I remember to cling more to God’s hand I begin to fear a little less. The more I call out to God the more God’s love breaks the hold on any fear I might have. So my prayer tonight and tomorrow is for Bruce’s continued healing and safety each day (especially on Tuesday mornings.)

I also would ask one more prayer. For the last seven years Bruce has edited each paper I have written. Bruce is unable to fulfill this task this semester.  I am praying for God’s anointing as I write this semester to be able to be a better writer and gain the ability to edit my writing for these last two classes. Thank  you.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude, let us cast our cares upon the LORD and get some sleep. God is up all night anyway so there is no reason for all of us to be awake.  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: