Thursday, August 15, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Thursday!  The transport van came almost twenty minutes early this morning. So please imagine Bruce dressed in shorts and t-shirt (regular gear for rehab therapy) lunch box in one hand and shoes and socks in the other headed down the sidewalk. It was so funny. I think our kids may have headed to school a few times that way themselves. It was a memorable start for outpatient time. The best news of the day is that Bruce’s cumidin level was 3.1.  That is perfect! Team Chrystie for the win!!

“Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you, I lift up my soul.”

Psalm 143: 8

Today I purchased my last book for my Master’s Degree and obtained my last parking permit.  I will begin my final classes on Tuesday. It is sort of a bittersweet time for me. I have loved every moment of my time at Brite. Even the classes that were so hard and I did not always understand, I still loved the power of learning and the spiritual journey I have been following.  Given the changes in our home situation and the words, “for the foreseeable future” Bruce will have to have 24 hour supervision. I am not sure that the second career I have been working for will still be in my future. It may be in my future, just not as I had hoped or when I had hoped. I realize I do not have to think about that now, but I it will be in the back of my mind. But I do know this, when the clouds of uncertainty are ahead God reminds me to fix my eyes on Him and God will show me a way forward when there appears to be none. God’s love never fails us. The clouds of uncertainty can get pretty dark. But the light of God’s love; God’s very Presence is brighter than the light of the day. So when the time comes to make career decisions I pray God will already be there preparing the place for me to serve. As for now it is my great joy and honor to be in God’s service as the wife and caregiver to my beloved husband and to be the student I am called to be. God is good and love wins!

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude, casting our care upon the LORD and get some sleep. God is up all night anyway so there is no reason or all of us to be awake!  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

 

No comments: