Tuesday, August 13, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy, happy Tuesday!  Bruce is coming home tomorrow.  I wish you could have seen the look on his face when I told him tonight at my visit. He was so excited. He did a double thumbs up! He packed in record time leaving enough clothes for tomorrow.  I have a meeting with his case manager to fill out the paperwork for Disability.(Please pray about that!) I am sure she will language this application to help Bruce get approved for disability. So I will meet him at the clinic around 4:00 and return to the apartment to get the last of his things, pack up the groceries and we will come home. I even have the homecoming meal planned; Breakfast enchiladas, hash browns and sliced avocados.  I can’t wait! Our bedroom is complete and looks so lovely. It has lots of space and it is bright and cheerful. I have never had such a pretty bedroom.  I am asking for your continued prayers as we begin this new stage in the journey.

“But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.”

Psalm 13:5

Have you ever noticed how God refers to us, His children? God calls us beloved.  God proclaims publically how dear we are to Him and how much we are loved. The love God has for us has no parallel.  Sometimes when I get down in the dumps about this situation I remind myself that neither God nor Satan caused this stroke in Bruce. This happened because Bruce’s cumidin fell too low and caused a blood clot. But God and Satan have the same awareness of our vulnerability, our depth of sorrow, doubt, uncertainty and our fear. Satan works on the fearing side of our thoughts and can drag us into doubt and uncertainty. Satan has no power where the Presence of God dwells.  God, the author of unfailing love abides in each of us because God’s living Presence remains in each of His beloved children.  This permanent, unfailing love empowers us to trust in God no matter what. God is good and love wins!!

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, give thanks with a grateful heart, let us cast our cares upon the LORD and get some sleep. God is up all night anyway so there is no reason for all of us to be awake. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: